About Me

My photo
Freetown, Massachusetts, United States
Please vote April 5, 2010!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Election 2010

THANK YOU to those of you who were able to make it to the polls on April 5. Freetown was still reeling from the floods; roads and bridges were closed; and it was the day after Easter. There was only one contested race (Assessor); there remain a number of vacancies. Those who made it to the polls certainly made an extra effort. It is much appreciated!

A mere 273 residents cast their votes on election day. That amounts to 4.8% of registered voters. Yet, 64% turned out for the Moakley/Brown race in January. I hope that we can spur new interest in exercising the right to vote, granted to us through the Constitution and defended by hundreds of thousands of brave people over the years. Voting for our representation is a privilege to cherish and uphold.

I will continue to work for the people of Freetown to the best of my ability. I recognize that these are difficult times for everyone -- made worse for us by the recent devastating weather events.

Please let me know how I can do a better job for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment